Invasive Species Organizations
- National Invasive Species Council U.S. Department of Interior, an affiliation of U.S. government agencies to coordinate efforts to prevent, control, and eradicate invasive species.
- PA Invasive Species Council PA Department of Agriculture, an affiliation of state government agencies and non-profit organizations which develops and works to implement the Commonwealth's invasive species management plan.
Regional Conservation Organizations
- Evergreen Conservancy, advances the preservation, protection and stewardship of natural, cultural, and historical resources in and around Indiana County.
- Indiana County Conservation District, a trusted leader in influencing environmental improvements and innovations, while stimulating county-wide economic viability through natural resource management and education.
- Sustainable Indiana County Economic Development Task Force, a collaboration of the Indiana County Commissioners and local environmental and economic development organizations to build a resilient and diversified local economy, with one of their focus groups addressing environmental restoration and stewardship.
- Western Pennsylvania Conservancy, protects and restores exceptional places to provide our region with clean waters and healthy forests, wildlife and natural areas for the benefit of present and future generations.
Local Watershed Associations
Many major watersheds in Indiana County have a watershed organization associated with it. They maintain the waterways and land along the rivers and creeks to assure good water quality. These watershed groups as well as the Evergreen Conservancy are applying for grant money to repair the problems left by legacy mining. They are also being vigilant for new pollution events. Organizations include